ArLiSNAP (Art Library Students and New ARLIS Professionals) and VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) are pleased to announce our 2018 Fall Virtual Conference: New Media Challenges and Solutions for Art Information Professionals. The conference will take place at 1pm CST November 10, 2018.
New media art, objects, and scholarly projects in the digital realm are challenging our traditional definitions and methodologies for collection, preservation, and research. We are pleased to welcome keynote speaker Coral Salomón, Digital Initiatives Librarian at the University of Pennsylvania. Our keynote lecture will be followed by an hour of presentations and a period of questions and conversation with our panel of speakers and conference attendees.
Our presenters will be:
- Kat Buckley, University of Chicago
No More Reality: Philippe Parreno and the Difficulties of Cataloging New Media
- Jean Moylean, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Surveying Digital Media Production Workflows in Arts Institutions
Michelle Wilson, ArLiSNAP Conference Planning Liaison and Digital Publishing Librarian at Columbia University, will moderate the discussion.
It is back to school season! Whether you are an academic librarian gearing up for the semester or a public librarian celebrating the end of a successful summer reading program, we invite you to join us for a tour of the Textile Center’s Pat O’Connor Library on Friday, September 14, 2018 followed by a chance to reconnect with colleagues at the nearby Surly Destination Brewery.
4:45 pm – Meet at the Pat O’Connor Library for a talk and tour with librarian Nancy Mambi
5:45 pm – Walk/Bike/Drive over to Surly
6 pm – Meet at Surly for social time
Pat O’Connor Library
3000 University Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Parking is available in the lot behind the Textile Center, entrance at Arthur Ave and Sidney Place.
- Parking is also available at 3018 University Ave SE, just 2 doors east of Textile Center. Look for the green signs!
- $3 parking is located at the surface lot at: 2813 4th Street SE, Minneapolis 55414
- Metro Transit Green Line – the Textile Center is a two minute walk from the Prospect Park station