JOB TITLE: Assistant Librarian
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time / Temporary / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Librarian
LOCATION: Minneapolis, Minnesota
The American Craft Council seeks a qualified candidate to fill a temporary position of Assistant Librarian. This position is 10 hours per week, starting the end of May through August, 2019. Reporting to the Librarian, the Assistant Librarian will carry out day-to-day operations and services of the ACC special library of contemporary American art and craft.
- Acquire and manage the journals, magazines and other periodicals that support the reference collections. Assist with collection development.
- Digitally process, catalog, and prepare internal and external collection materials for future reference and research.
- Process and file library materials.
- Provide occasional reference service in person, by phone, by email or by instant messaging.
- Degree or coursework in Library and Information Science preferred
- Experience working in a library setting. Experience in a specialized or art/craft library collection is very desirable.
- Experience working with library catalog and digital archive systems. Familiarity with WorldCat, Koha and CONTENTdm highly desirable.
- Strong research skills in both print and electronic media.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and conduct research.
- Working knowledge of AACR2, LCSH, LC classification, and MARC preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
The ACC is a community that believes in the value of things made by hand, the people who create them, and the meaning that creativity brings to everyday life. ACC champions craft through American Craft – a bimonthly magazine, national juried shows, a specialized research library, achievement awards, and educational workshops and seminars. To learn more about ACC visit www.craftcouncil.org
Take this opportunity to work with a team that is dedicated to convening the craft community and its supporters; and providing new opportunities for artists and makers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Craft Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We value diversity, inclusiveness, and equity and welcome candidates from all walks of life.