This isn’t a library position, but it might be of interest to anyone wanting to be a part of an arts publication:
The American Craft Council is building a dynamic and collaborative work environment that values people and their professional development. It offers: medical and dental plans, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, generous paid time off, and a 401(k) with match.
The ACC is a community that believes in the value of things made by hand, the people who create them, and the meaning that creativity brings to everyday life. ACC champions craft through American Craft – a bimonthly magazine, national juried shows, a specialized research library, achievement awards, and educational workshops and seminars. Take this opportunity to work with a team that is dedicated to convening the craft community and its supporters; and providing new opportunities for artists and makers.
JOBS ( 1 )
Title: Assistant Editor
Reports to: Acting Editor in Chief
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
American Craft magazine, the award-winning, bimonthly publication of the American Craft Council, is looking for a detail-oriented communicator and organizer to serve as assistant editor.
The assistant editor plays an integral role on the editorial team, serving as the communications and managerial hub for the department with room to grow as a writer and editor. They will work closely with the acting editor in chief, creative directors, writers, and other contract positions to maintain deadlines and oversee communications.
- Is well-organized and able to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Is a proactive problem-solver
- Has a proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Is an excellent writer with a passion for visually oriented magazines
- Can communicate clearly and collaboratively with sources
- Is conscientious about details and factual accuracy
- Has a degree in journalism, communications, or English
- Has at least a year of experience in publications
- Is comfortable with Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe InDesign
- Supports the ACC’s mission of connecting and galvanizing diverse craft communities to cultivate and advance craft’s impact in contemporary American life.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
ACC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We value diversity, inclusiveness, and equity and welcome candidates from all walks of life.