Please save the date for our fall business meeting on Friday, September 28, 2018 at the Walker Art Center. We will meet in the morning, followed by a talk and tour of the sculpture garden (weather permitting), and an opportunity to gather for lunch.
Agenda items will include the election of our new officers for 2019, so members, please come!
are open to all, members and non-members. If you would like to make a donation to support our chapter, or if you still need to renew for 2018
, please visit our website at:
and renew or make a contribution. Thank you!
Registration is now open for the Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference (#UMDCC18) at St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota. Join your digital collections colleagues for 1.5 days of networking, sharing of best practices, and hands-on learning.
The Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference (#UMDCC18) features:
- Keynote speaker Abigail Potter (Digital Innovation Labs, Library of Congress) on using digital collections as data and new digital initiatives at the Library of Congress
- 3 pre-conference workshops on planning sustainable digital projects at resource-strapped institutions, implementing DPLA rights statements, and building strategies to provide access to born-digital materials
- 18 breakout sessions to choose from
- An opening reception at the Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Pre-conference workshops (Nov. 8th): $50
- Conference (Nov. 9th): $75
Includes a light breakfast and lunch
- New! student rate: 50% off
We have rate agreements with a few area hotels for Wednesday, November 7- Friday, November 9. Please note that you will need to make your reservation by October 8 to receive the discounted hotel rate. When you make your hotel reservation, identify yourself with the 2018 Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference group, unless otherwise noted. Visit the website for more information about hotels.
Follow us on Twitter or visit the conference website for more information.
Thank you to all our sponsors! Opening reception sponsors include:
Conference sponsors include:
Posted on behalf of the Upper Midwest Digital Collections Conference planning committee
It is back to school season! Whether you are an academic librarian gearing up for the semester or a public librarian celebrating the end of a successful summer reading program, we invite you to join us for a tour of the Textile Center’s Pat O’Connor Library on Friday, September 14, 2018 followed by a chance to reconnect with colleagues at the nearby Surly Destination Brewery.
4:45 pm – Meet at the Pat O’Connor Library for a talk and tour with librarian Nancy Mambi
5:45 pm – Walk/Bike/Drive over to Surly
6 pm – Meet at Surly for social time
Pat O’Connor Library
3000 University Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Parking is available in the lot behind the Textile Center, entrance at Arthur Ave and Sidney Place.
- Parking is also available at 3018 University Ave SE, just 2 doors east of Textile Center. Look for the green signs!
- $3 parking is located at the surface lot at: 2813 4th Street SE, Minneapolis 55414
- Metro Transit Green Line – the Textile Center is a two minute walk from the Prospect Park station